TEENS POSE A SPECIAL CHALLENGE
Teens are as likely to suffer from power-based abuse as anyone else, but less likely to report it or get help.
Texas Advocacy Project collaborates with groups already working on domestic violence, sexual assault, and youth issues to help young people, their parents, schools, and the community understand the legal rights of teens.
- We provide free and confidential legal advice and referrals to teens who have experienced dating violence in Texas.
- We provide legal representation to teens seeking protective orders.
- We develop and promote models for providing legal services to teens in Texas that serve as examples for providers across the state.
Texas Advocacy Project provides training on healthy relationships, teen dating violence, positive social media presence, and leadership skills to all Teen Ambassadors of Hope. Ambassadors earn service hours for volunteer endeavors and can highlight their efforts on college and scholarship applications, allowing them to stand out among their peers. By the end of the campaign, Teen Ambassadors will have made an impact on their communities through philanthropy and peer outreach all while gaining leadership skills to build self-confidence.
The campaign consists of three goals:
- Champion the Mission and Services of Texas Advocacy Project
- Promote Awareness of Dating Violence and Healthy Relationships
- Raise Funds for Texas Advocacy Project
To learn more please visit our Teen Ambassadors of Hope Page