Executive Assistant will assist the Chief Legal Officer (CLO) in execution of her responsibilities. Executive Assistant will improve the effectiveness of the CLO and the efficiency of the Legal Department. Executive Assistant will have primary responsibility for facilitating communication between CLO and Legal Department and Other stakeholders when CLO is required to be out of the office.
- Screen and direct phone calls, distribute correspondence, facilitate client communication.
- Maintain calendars for the Legal Department and CLO and assist CLO with scheduling meetings. Ensure the legal team has calendared their meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain physical and virtual administrative files for CLO and Legal Department (ex: protocols, orientation packets, checklists, client files).
- Take minutes during meetings, record action items, and schedule follow-ups. Help CLO stay aware of deadlines and time-frames.
- Work hand-in-hand to assist the CLO in coordinating/furthering various large-scale initiatives for the agency. (ex: Protective Order Callbacks, Virtual Legal Clinics, Medical Legal Partnerships, and use of Pro Bono Attorney and law clerk Volunteers)
- Perform related work as assigned and a variety of ancillary duties to be determined and assigned as needed.
- Candidates must be detail oriented, prompt and reliable, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated, take initiative, able to work in fast-paced, challenging, high stress environment, able to work well with people, maintain discretion and confidentiality, able to work without direct supervision, and able to manage multiple competing priorities, projects, and responsibilities
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Excel, and Google Docs.
- Past experience as an executive assistant/personal assistant/house manager/legal secretary/legal assistant/paralegal a plus. Previous work in a non-profit highly preferred.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Texas Advocacy Project reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If interested, please send a cover letter and a detailed resume to email@example.com. Please indicate how you heard about the opening.