Job Opening – Development & Communications Assistant
Job Type: 20 Hours – Non-Exempt
The Development & Communications Assistant is responsible for administrative tasks pertaining to donor development, fundraising, marketing, and communications of the agency, and keeping the department organized.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule meetings between department staff and outside partners/committees
- Utilize database to perform donor stewardship including correspondence, donor data entry and recognition, gift entry, generating thank you and tax letters/cards, pulling mailing lists, generating donor reports
- Check department’s PO Box weekly and distribute and record properly
- Assist with creating and ordering a variety of marketing materials for the agency, including but not limited to promotional items, agency literature, and event signage
- Assist with keeping donations and department materials at the office and storage unit organized
- Assist with updating agency website, annual report, flyers, brochures, and other marketing materials
- Assist with creating and organizing content for social media posts
- Assist with donation pick-ups for TAP events or any other pick-ups needed for the department
- Other fundraising, marketing, or communications tasks as assigned by Director or VP
All staff assists in overall office responsibilities including correspondence, working with volunteers, and basic office tasks. Some travel and working irregular hours including weekends is occasionally required for this position. This is a hybrid position- both remote and in-person. Applicant must be located in Austin, TX. Applicants must have reliable vehicle transportation. Business casual wardrobe is mandatory for in-office work.
This position requires confidence and interest around learning new online databases, digital graphic platforms, and other information technology centered tasks. Bachelor’s degree or four years’ experience in development, communications, sales, or marketing. Applicants must be well organized, resourceful and persistent, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to learn and work independently while also working well with others. Physical work including light to heavy lifting may be required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites, Canva, and all social media platforms is preferred.
Compensation by hourly wage and is commensurate with experience.
If interested, please send a cover letter, detailed resume, and 3 references to email@example.com. Please type “DevComm Assistant” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Applicants must consent to a background check once offer is made. Open until the position is filled. Please indicate how you heard about the opening.
Texas Advocacy Project is a smoke-free work environment.