We are proud to recognize Cynthia “Cynt” Marshall , CEO of the Dallas Mavericks with our 2020 Black & White Ball VISION AWARD. The Vision Award recognizes a leader or organization committed to ending power-based personal violence in Texas.
Cynt Marshall has been a dynamic force for inclusion and diversity within the Mavericks organization and over a 36-year career at AT&T. When Cynt was hired as the new CEO of the Mavs in March 2018, she set her sights on a culture transformation. Her vision was for the Mavericks organization to become the NBA standard for inclusion and diversity, and brought transparency, trust and her values-based leadership style that evolved the company culture in her first 100 days.
Prior to her joining the Mavs, Cynt founded Marshalling Resources, a consulting firm specializing in Leadership, Diversity & Inclusion, Culture Transformation and overall optimization of people resources.
Widely recognized for her visionary leadership and ability to get things done, Cynt is the recipient of several honors and awards including:
- Adweek’s 30 Most Powerful Women in Sports
- Women of Power Legacy Award honoree by Black Enterprise (2019)
- The Network Journals 25 Most Influential Women in Business (2017)
- ATHENA® Leadership Program Award by the Dallas Regional Chamber (2017)
- National ATHENA® Leadership Program Award (2019)
- “50 Most Powerful Women in Corporate America” by Black Enterprise magazine (2020 & several times prior)
- Ebony magazine’s “Power 100” list (2016)
- HR Executive of the Year - Best in Biz Award (2014)
- Leadership North Carolina Governor’s Award (2013)
Join us to honor Cynt Marshall at our 14th annual Black & White Ball, presented by Accenture, A Virtual Speakeasy to Support Survivors, Saturday, September 26 @ 7pm.