Part-Time Development & Communications Coordinator
Texas Advocacy Project, a statewide, non-profit organization located in Austin, Texas, seeks a part-time Development & Communications Coordinator. Established in 1982, The Project’s mission is to prevent domestic and dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking throughout Texas through FREE legal services, access to the justice system, and education. Our attorneys, staff, volunteers, and Board of Directors are committed to advancing our vision that all Texans live safely in hope, not fear. The Coordinator assists the Team in all areas of donor development, fundraising, marketing, and communications of the agency, with the end-goal of bringing all survivors in need to our services.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Utilize database to perform donor stewardship including correspondence, donor data entry and recognition, gift entry, generating thank you and tax letters/cards, pulling mailing lists, generating donor reports
- Research and solicit for products, services and monetary donations from vendors, businesses and individuals
- Assist the Team in researching, planning, promoting and executing fundraising events
- Additional duties related to special events including managing event volunteers, attending planning meetings, and contacting vendors for logistical support and needs
- Write for agency newsletter and social media posts
- Record and make cash/check deposits
- Other fundraising and communication activities as assigned by Director
- Represent the agency by tabling at meetings, task forces, work groups and events to promote our services and mission throughout the community
All staff assists in overall office responsibilities including correspondence, working with volunteers, and basic office tasks. Some travel and working irregular hours including weekends is occasionally required for this position. A business casual wardrobe is mandatory. Applicants must have reliable vehicle transportation.
Bachelor’s degree or four years’ experience in development, communications, sales, or marketing. Applicants must be well organized, resourceful and persistent; possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate a commitment to resource development in support of social change. Applicants must be highly motivated self-starters who are able to work independently and in a team environment. Proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, and social media platforms.
Compensation by hourly wage and is commensurate with experience.
Email resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include at least three contacts as references. Applicants must consent to a background check. Texas Advocacy Project is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.